The purpose of the HTA-CA Travel Grant is to assist therapists traveling outside of the US who will be:
- Providing health care services or education in underdeveloped countries
- Promoting the profession of hand therapy
- Participating in a medical mission through a volunteer organization
- The applicant must be a Certified Hand Therapist and an Association member for at least 1 year prior to receiving the grant.
- Preference given to those with volunteer experience in one of the committees of the association.
- The applicant must be an actively practicing hand therapist and show verification of employment.
- The applicant will need to be in a position to travel during the year the grant is allotted.
- The applicant will be responsible to prepare a clinical article to submit to HTA-CA and/or a presentation within six months of your experience.
- Please submit copies of all expenses for reimbursement. Expenses will be reimbursed up to $2000 as decided by the review committee. Reimbursed expenses shall include: transportation, accommodations. 50% of the allotted grant will be paid before the trip and 50% after the trip on submission of receipts and presentation to the association. Presentation to be made at the Hand Therapy Week.
- HTA-CA does not assume liability or financial responsibility for any medical expenses related to illness or injury or loss of personal items during your travels.
- Application will be reviewed by the HTA-Ca board and Committee members. Members receiving the grant will be informed via email.
- Grant can be given to previous recipients once every 3 years.